April 6, 2018, 6:45 p.m. - 10 p.m - LT. Dan Band Concert - CANCELLED
Due to severe weather outlook the LT. Dan Band Concert this Friday has been cancelled.
The Airshow will still take place on Saturday.
April 7, 2018, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. - 100th Anniversary of Henry Post Army Airfield Celebration-CANCELLED
The 100th Year Anniversary of Henry Post Army Airfield, scheduled for Saturday, April 7th, is cancelled due to forecasted severe weather.
The event will be rescheduled at a future date that is to be determined.
Ground Static Displays
- Aviation Aircraft
- Field Artillery - M119A3, M109A6, Stryker, HIMARS, and M270
- Air Defense Artillery Displays - THAAD Launcher, Avenger and Patriot Launcher
Kids Zone (Bounce Houses, Face Painting, Literacy Tent, Football Toss, and much more)
FREE and Open to the Public.
9:30 a.m. - Gates open
10:00 a.m. - Official start of Centennial Henry Post Army Airfield (HPAAF)
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Public viewing of all displays
1:00 p.m. - Fort Sill Half Section Demonstration
1:45 p.m. - Short Historical Snapshot of HPAAF as "Original Army Airfield"
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - Airshow
Bring your lawn chair or blanket.
Sponsored by: Townsquare Media, Magic 95, KSWO 7 News, Coca-Cola, Bud Light, Billingsley Ford, Comfort Suites, Fort Sill Federal Credit Union, USAA, Pam & Barry's Team RE/MAX Professionals, First Command Financial Services, Storage R Us, Lawton Constitution, and Best Built Fencing.
Federal endorsement of sponsors not intended.
Henry Post Army Airfield History - Oldest Airfield of the Army
Some of the Static Displays
Some of the Airshow Aircraft
- Firearms (CCW Permits not recognized/honored) NOTE: Off-duty/Retired LEOs must leave firearm in vehicle
- Replica or toy weapons
- Stun guns, tasers, any electrical discharge devices
- Knives, box cutters, cutting devices (any blade size) NOTE: This includes multi-tools, Swiss army knives, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Sharp objects, sticks or poles of any kind
- Pepper spray, mace or any chemical dispensing device
- Any type of weapons to include "self-defense" weapons
- UAVs, drones, or any type of remote controlled vehicles
- Drugs, controlled substances, drug paraphernalia
- Any size coolers. EXCEPTION: small handheld coolers with baby food (formula and food in PLASTIC containers) or medications will be allowed after inspection
- Alcoholic beverages (not purchased at event)
- Food or beverage items (not purchased at event)
- Any glass bottles or glass containers of any kind
- Flammable liquids
- Portable BBQ or cooking devices
- Skates, heelies, roller blades/skates, skateboards, scooters, OR HOVERBOARDS
- Bicycles not allowed past the security screening area
- Banners or signs on a pole of any kind
- Clothing with objectionable language or images (profanity, racist, anti-military, anti-government, obscene)
- Costumes or any garment resembling military personnel or law enforcement officers
- Pets (with exception to service dogs)
- Backpacks or large bags. EXCEPTION: The following items are allowed after inspection: purses, diaper bags if accompanying a child
- Large golf umbrellas
- Any other items base personnel consider a security or safety risk