Date: May 16 2018, 12 a.m. - 11:59 p.m.
Explore Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area while reading a children's book. Pages are sprawled along the trail, so enjoy the scenery, pack a picnic, and play on the playground while you go on a literary stroll.
Created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT & developed in collaboration with
the Vermont Bicycle & Pedestrian Coalition and the Kellogg Hubbard Library.
STORYWALK® begins at LETRA’s Group Area 3.
This is an unguided event so you may walk the trail, enjoy the scenery, bring a picnic, or play on the playground at your convenience.
The trail is in an outdoor area. There are some hazards:
· Uneven gravel/dirt path
· Wildlife & insects
· Natural debris on trail
- Please stay on the trail. The StoryWalk® is marked by the story pages posted along the trail; subsequent pages are visible from the previous page.
- When you finish the trail, take a token from the jar at the end and return it to the library for your prize. Be careful and check the jar to make sure there are no unexpected pests hiding there. Close lid firmly.
- One token per child. Prizes must be picked up during Nye Library hours of operation:
- Wed-Thur: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Fri-Sat: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun: 12 - 4 p.m.
For an additional cost, you can play mini-golf, practice archery, rent kayaks, and more.
FREE and open to the military community.
Register at Nye Library to sign a waiver and get trail information. Participate and receive a prize. For more information, call (580) 442-2048.