- Dog Park on Fort Sill
- Directional Signage at Fort Sill and Sheridan Road Intersection
- Sidewalks throughout the Fort Sill Community
- Pedestrian Light and Crossing at Mow-Way and Sheridan Roads
- Guaranteed Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) for Retirees
- Developed first policy for the Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS) Program
- Extended educational benefits for Surviving Spouses
- Toll-free Wounded in Action phone number and improved communication to families
- Mandates state charge no more than in-state tuition rates for military personnel and their dependents
Making a Difference in the Quality of Life for the Army
For over 30 years, AFAP has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for all military personnel (active, reserve, guard, retiree), family members, DOD employees, and Survivors. It is a process that lets us say what is working, what is not, and how to fix it. It alerts Commanders and Army leaders to areas of concern that need their attention and gives them the opportunity to put plans into place to work toward resolving the issues.
FY24 Army Family Action Plan (AFAP) Campaign
Would you like to have impact on improving the quality of life on Fort Sill and/or the Army?
Submit your issues online at http://www.armyfamilywebportal.com using the Issue Management System or fill out the attached fillable AFAP Fort Sill Issue Submission Form and press submit. Issues will be reviewed by Fort Sill leadership, giving them an opportunity to put plans into place towards resolving the problem. Those issues that cannot be addressed at the local level will be forwarded to Department of Army for attention. For questions regarding the AFAP campaign, please contact Merilee Nevins at +1 (580)442-6818 or email@example.com.
The community receives feedback on the issues through periodic updates on Facebook and the installation newspaper.
Some of the AFAP Accomplishments at Fort Sill and Army Wide:
Photos from the AFAP Kick Off event at the Fort Sill Main Exchange on Oct. 15, 2021.