- Youth/Children in Fitness Centers
AR 215-1 (Page 61)
8-20. Gyms/physical fitness centers/field houses
d. Youth use. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable, responsible, and prudent manner accordance with facility rules and regulations. Youth may use adult indoor physical fitness centers only under the following provisions:
(1) Soldier programs must not be displaced.
(2) Children 12 years old and under may not use mechanical cardiovascular equipment, or strength, sauna, or steam rooms or jacuzzi areas at any time.
(3) As a Family member, children and youth (15 years old and under), not otherwise prohibited in paragraph 8-20d(2), must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
(4) Youth must be a participant in a special program, organized and conducted by CYSS, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
(5) Children of kindergarten age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms, and bathrooms.
Fires Fitness Center provides a huge weight room area with cardio equipment, an indoor track, racquetball courts, 3 basketball courts, volleyball courts, functional fitness room,
indoor cycling room, 2 fitness class studios, and a rock-climbing wall for adults and youth.
Fires Fitness Center also offers a Family Fitness Room. Parents with their children ages Newborn - 12 are welcome to utilize the fitness room together. There is cardio equipment for adults and children, small fitness equipment for adults (dumbbells, exercise balls, and resistance tubing), as well as a play area for toddlers available. The use of the room is free of charge. Parents have to sign a liability waiver at Fires Fitness Center front desk before using the fitness room. All children must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.