Rod and Gun Club (Formerly POW Range)
- How to get there
From Key Gate East, through check point, turn left (North) onto Berry Street;
Follow Berry Street to stop sign, turn right (East) on the Cache Creek Road;
Follow Cache Creek Road 1.7 miles to Lake George Road, turn left (East);
Follow Lake George Road East 0.6 miles to Adams Hill Road, at top of hill, turn left (North);
You've arrived at the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
From Key Gate East, through check point, turn right (South) on the South Boundary Road;
Follow South Boundary Road 2.5 miles to Adams Hill Road, turn left (North);
Follow Adams Hill Road 0.5 miles to Fort Sill Road and Gun Club.
For access on Sundays, patrons will need to enter Key Gate West and utilize Corral Road to access Berry Street or South Boundary Road
- Range Rules
Patrons must ensure all firearms are registered on Fort Sill. This can be done at the Visitor Control Center.
1. All users (shooters and guests) will sign in at Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club office, Bldg 6218, prior to going to the firing line. All users will sign a release of liability statement prior to shooting.
2. Upon departure, all shooters will sign out and provide type and total number of rounds shot.
3. All shooters will ensure gun actions are open until prepared to shoot at targets.
Muzzles are to be pointed down range at all times.
4. All spectators and non-shooters must remain behind the firing pad on the trap /skeet range. Only shooters and one spotter per shooter, if necessary, are allowed on the firing line on the rifle/ pistol range or trap/skeet range.
5. Wearing of eye and ear protection is mandatory on the firing line. All spotters on the firing line are also mandated to wear eye and ear protection.
6. Only shotguns will be used on the trap/skeet/5-stand range. Slugs will not be used. Only #7 ½, 8, or 9 shot are authorized on the trap/skeet range.
7. Smoking is not permitted on the premises of the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
8. Alcohol beverages are not permitted on the premises during firing.
9. Horseplay, creating a disturbance, or performing an unsafe act will not be tolerated and may lead to dismissal or suspension from the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
10. Only staff members, or trained, documented volunteers are permitted to enter
the Trap/Skeet houses.
11. Shooters are responsible for policing their expended shells and boxes upon completion of firing.
12. Only .308 rifles and below with no special loads will be used on the rifle/
pistol range (except for black powder guns); no fully automatic guns or tracers are allowed for recreational shooting. Rapid firing is not permitted.
13. Only paper targets provided by Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club are allowed on the rifle/pistol range. NO METAL TARGETS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT THOSE USED BY THE FORT SILL SHOOTING RANGE.
14. 3-D targets on the archery range are not permitted to be moved without prior approval from staff.
15. 18 and older can shoot. Children younger than 18 must have a liability form signed by a parent and be under the supervision of an adult.
- ALWAYS keep weapons pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep weapons unloaded until ready to use
- ALWAYS wear eye and ear protection
BEFORE GOING DOWN RANGE
- Announce cease fire
- Unload and clear all weapons
- All personnel must stand clear of shooting tables and benches
- Exit down range from center of firing line
- Procedures to Register Firearms
Common Access Card (CAC) Holders:
Registration of firearms by active duty military and Common Access Card (CAC) holders will be valid throughout the service member's tour of duty at Fort Sill unless otherwise canceled or for a period of no longer than 3 years.
Non-Common Access Card (CAC) Holders:
Non-Common Access Card (CAC) holders will be authorized for 1 year for those that have an annual membership to the Family and MWR Rod and Gun Club, and have a one-year access pass to the installation. The weapons registration shall be valid for 1 year from the date of registration unless otherwise canceled, and if the civilian/retiree remains in good standing with the Family and MWR Rod and Gun Club.
Every Thursday, the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club offers Veterans and Military Retirees a Daily Fee of $7 (normally $10) from 4 -8 p.m. Must have a valid ID and registered firearms with FS Form 562.
Save 50% off your range fees when you purchase our Rod and Gun Club punch card. Each punch card is only $50, is good for 10 visits to the range, and valid for one year.
Rod and Gun Membership
It has never been a better time to become a member. A yearly membership is only $100 and includes
- 70% off daily range fee (normally $10/visit)
- Immediate family gets in FREE
- $5 fee for one guest per day (normally $10/visit)
- 5 Stands
- 2 Free targets per visit
- Name on membership plaque
- Members-only Events and Discounts
Bring your own ammo.
Hours of Operation
|Thursday||4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (NOV - MAR: 4 p.m. - Dusk)|
|Friday||4 p.m. - 8 p.m. (NOV - MAR: 4 p.m. - Dusk)|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
12 Rifle Lanes
16 Pistol Lanes
Open to the public!