- How to get there
From Key Gate East, through check point, turn left (North) onto Berry Street;
Follow Berry Street to stop sign, turn right (East) on the Cache Creek Road;
Follow Cache Creek Road 1.7 miles to Lake George Road, turn left (East);
Follow Lake George Road East 0.6 miles to Adams Hill Road, at top of hill, turn left (North);
You've arrived at the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
From Key Gate East, through check point, turn right (South) on the South Boundary Road;
Follow South Boundary Road 2.5 miles to Adams Hill Road, turn left (North);
Follow Adams Hill Road 0.5 miles to Fort Sill Road and Gun Club.
For access on Sundays, patrons will need to enter Key Gate West and utilize Corral Road to access Berry Street or South Boundary Road
- Range Rules
Patrons must ensure all firearms are registered on Fort Sill. This can be done at the Visitor Control Center.
1. All users (shooters and guests) will sign in at Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club office, Bldg 6218, prior to going to the firing line. All users will sign a release of liability statement prior to shooting.
2. Upon departure, all shooters will sign out and provide type and total number of rounds shot.
3. All shooters will ensure gun actions are open until prepared to shoot at targets.
Muzzles are to be pointed down range at all times.
4. All spectators and non-shooters must remain behind the firing pad on the trap /skeet range. Only shooters and one spotter per shooter, if necessary, are allowed on the firing line on the rifle/ pistol range or trap/skeet range.
5. Wearing of eye and ear protection is mandatory on the firing line. All spotters on the firing line are also mandated to wear eye and ear protection.
6. Only shotguns will be used on the trap/skeet/5-stand range. Slugs will not be used. Only #7 ½, 8, or 9 shot are authorized on the trap/skeet range.
7. Smoking is not permitted on the premises of the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
8. Alcohol beverages are not permitted on the premises during firing.
9. Horseplay, creating a disturbance, or performing an unsafe act will not be tolerated and may lead to dismissal or suspension from the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club.
10. Only staff members, or trained, documented volunteers are permitted to enter
the Trap/Skeet houses.
11. Shooters are responsible for policing their expended shells and boxes upon completion of firing.
12. Only .308 rifles and below with no special loads will be used on the rifle/
pistol range (except for black powder guns); no fully automatic guns or tracers are allowed for recreational shooting. Rapid firing is not permitted.
13. Only paper targets provided by Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club are allowed on the rifle/pistol range. NO METAL TARGETS ARE ALLOWED EXCEPT THOSE USED BY THE FORT SILL SHOOTING RANGE.
14. 3-D targets on the archery range are not permitted to be moved without prior approval from staff.
15. 18 and older can shoot. Children younger than 18 must have a liability form signed by a parent and be under the supervision of an adult.
- ALWAYS keep weapons pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep weapons unloaded until ready to use
- ALWAYS wear eye and ear protection
BEFORE GOING DOWN RANGE
- Announce cease fire
- Unload and clear all weapons
- All personnel must stand clear of shooting tables and benches
- Exit down range from center of firing line
- Firearms Registration Requirement
Patrons must have their firearms registered on the installation prior to visiting the range.
- Please visit the Visitor Control Center (VCC) without the firearm to fill out the form.
- VCC will issue a form listing the firearm.
- Have the form in their possession at the gate.
- Declare the unloaded firearm at the gate per instructions from the VCC.
- Present form to range staff at sign in.
The Visitor Control Center (VCC) is located at T6701 Sheridan Road, Fort Sill.
- Procedures to Register Firearms
Common Access Card (CAC) Holders:
Registration of firearms by active duty military and Common Access Card (CAC) holders will be valid throughout the service member's tour of duty at Fort Sill unless otherwise canceled or for a period of no longer than 3 years.
Non-Common Access Card (CAC) Holders:
Non-Common Access Card (CAC) holders will be authorized for 1 year for those that have an annual membership to the Family and MWR Rod and Gun Club, and have a one-year access pass to the installation. The weapons registration shall be valid for 1 year from the date of registration unless otherwise canceled, and if the civilian/retiree remains in good standing with the Family and MWR Rod and Gun Club.
- Reserve Shooting Range
Reserve the Rod & Gun Range outside of normal business hours. +1 (580)595-1875
Mon-Wed: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Thur-Fri: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
$20 Administrative Fee + $10/Shooter
5 person minimum
Reserve and payment needed 2 weeks in advance.
Open to the public.
Daily Rates Listed daily rates are for non-members only.
- Pistol Carbine Course: $18
- Daily Fee: $12
- Clays: $10
- Archery: $12
Save 50% off your range fees when you purchase our Rod and Gun Club punch card. Each punch card is valid for one year.
Punch Card E1-E5 E6-E9, Retirees, Civilians, Law Enforcement 5 Visits $45 $55 10 Visits $75 $90 12 Visits $90 $100 15 Visits $105 $115
- Birthdays, Promotions, etc. - $50 / 2 hours
- Dedicated Law Enforcement - $30 / 1 hour
Pistol Caliber Carbine Course
Check out the new pistol caliber carbine course at the Fort Sill Rod and Gun Club. You’ll be able to hone your skill with a combination of steel, clay, and paper targets in multiple configurations.
Rod and Gun Club Yearly Membership
Become a Rod and Gun Club member today for access to the entire range, no visit limitation, and no more daily fee.
$150 per year.
Bring your own ammo.
Bring your firearms and ammunition for a day of target practice at the Rod and Gun Club. The range has 12 rifle lanes and 16 pistol lanes. With the new pistol Caliber Carbine Course, you will be able to hone your skills with a combination of steel, clay, and paper targets in multiple configurations. The Rod and Gun Club also offers shooting range reservations and Oklahoma Concealed Carry Course once a month.
Open to the public.