- Youth Sports and Fitness
Sports and Fitness Programs provide team sports, individual sports, fitness and health programs and, programming at Child Development Centers, School Age and Youth Programs. Pre-registration is required for Sports and Fitness Programs. Children and youth that are currently registered in CYS can be enrolled in Sports and Fitness using WebTrac.
The National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS) has a website for evaluation of coaches. Parents have the opportunity to evaluate coaches on the NAYS website. Parents must have the coach member number to rate their coach. You can get this number from the CYS Sports and Fitness office.
A sports-specific physical must be completed annually, prior to the start of the sports season. The form must be completed with a doctor’s signature and stamp, then submitted to Parent Central Services during registration. Hint: The best time to get your child’s physical — if possible — is in July. This way, your child’s physical will be valid for all sports for one full year.
- CYSS Mission Statement
To provide a seamless delivery of quality care and services for eligible children and youth which enhance military readiness and reduce conflicts between mission readiness and parental responsibility.
- Fort Sill Sports & Fitness Vision Statement
To provide organized leagues and fitness opportunities for the youth of this and surrounding communities that achieves success in non competitive sports by enhancing personal, mental and physical skill development, teamwork and sportsmanship while embracing the core values of serving the children and their families of Fort Sill.
- Volunteer Coaches Needed!
Fort Sill Youth Sports invites you to coach today’s children and youth! Training includes National Alliance of Youth Sports Coaches Certification (NYSCA), How to Identify and Report Child Abuse, and CPR. CYSS processes background checks on all coach applicants.
Volunteer Head Coaches receive all his/her children’s Youth Sports and Fitness activities free during the season he/she coaches.
Volunteer Assistant Coaches receive his/her first child’s Youth Sports and Fitness activities free and each additional child 15% during the season he/she coaches.
If you are interested in being a CYS Volunteer Coach, please visit the Youth Sports office or Parent Central Services for the application.
- Youth/Children in Fitness Centers
AR 215-1 (Page 61)
8-20. Gyms/physical fitness centers/field houses
d. Youth use. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable, responsible, and prudent manner accordance with facility rules and regulations. Youth may use adult indoor physical fitness centers only under the following provisions:
(1) Soldier programs must not be displaced.
(2) Children 12 years old and under may not use mechanical cardiovascular equipment, or strength, sauna, or steam rooms or jacuzzi areas at any time.
(3) As a Family member, children and youth (15 years old and under), not otherwise prohibited in paragraph 8-20d(2), must be actively participating in the same activity and under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
(4) Youth must be a participant in a special program, organized and conducted by CYSS, schools, or other authorized youth organizations.
(5) Children of kindergarten age and older will use gender-appropriate showers, locker rooms, and bathrooms.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 6 p.m.|