Mobilization & Deployment/FRG Training
- Visit ACS in Building 4700 to get information about resources/materials and agencies that can assist you with your FRG endeavors.
- Sign up for our FRG distro list by email for information about upcoming Soldier and Family/Community events in order to ensure Soldiers and Families are aware of the available resources, activities, and opportunities in the surrounding area.
- Click on the “FRG Getting Started” information sheet and other helpful links on this page. You will find helpful forms and tools to assist you and your unit in getting your unit FRG off the ground and running smoothly (including deployment support).
- Deployment Support for Soldier/Family Readiness
FRG Training is provided via online training for Commanders, Family Readiness Liaisons (Soldier) and Family Readiness Group Leaders and office holders (civilian volunteers).
- Access via www.ArmyFamilyWebPortal.com (updated training for civilians)
- Access via www.armyfrg.org (older version of the training)
- ALMS (for Soldiers/CAC holders) Codes: FRGCTT and FRGCTRT (refresher) and FRGVT or FRGVRT (for civilian CAC holder office holders)
Deployment Support is provided via multiple delivery systems:
- ACS’s Family Advocacy Program conducts many skill-based trainings such as True Colors, Scream Free Marriage/Parenting, Stress Management, 7 Habits of Highly Effective Military Families and more.
- Chaplains provide multiple trainings/opportunities on marriage enrichment workshops, communications classes, and other relationship-building opportunities and deployment specific trainings and briefings.
- MFLC’s are available in each FORSCOM Brigade and within ACS to provide a multitude of briefings to assist you in meeting the Deployment Cycle Support requirements of your deploying or redeploying unit Soldiers, Families/Children.
- The American Red Cross offers courses on deployment and redeployment expectations and readiness.
- Military One Source at www.militaryonesource.mil provides a helpful tool called “Plan My Deployment” that includes articles, webinars, checklists, FREE deployment books/materials for Children/Spouses and more. They also have a resource request function where they can be invited and attend a Townhall/Expo event you may be planning. Additionally, Military One Source has individualized counseling assistance, either on the phone or in person in the local community, by calling their toll free line.
- On this page, you will find forms and tools to assist you and your unit during deployment including “How to Plan a Townhall/Expo”, a resource phone number listing, Deployment checklists, and more.
- Family Readiness Group Information and Training (FRG)
Click the image below to download the REAL Smart Book.
- FRG Resources
- Military Family Life Counselors (MFLC)
Need To Talk To Someone?
Military and Family Life Counselors (MFLC) provide solution-oriented consultations to individuals, couples, families, and groups.
The Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) Program is designed to provide support and assistance to active duty Soldiers, National Guard & Reserves, military Family Members and Soldiers' significant others. Military and Family Life Counselors can help people who are having trouble coping with concerns and issues of daily life, the stress of the military lifestyle, parenting, etc. Also, units can select topics from the briefing/presentation library for training Soldiers/Families at unit meetings.
Some Examples of Issues Include:
- Deployment Cycle Issues
- Flexible appointment times
- Flexible meeting locations
- No Records Kept
*Duty to warn does apply in cases of threat to self, others, and any reportable abuse issues.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
Fort Sill Army Community Service (ACS) believes that Soldier Readiness plus Family Readiness equals Unit/Mission Readiness.
ACS provides information and tools in support of unit FRGs, unit Deployments & Redeployments and Emergency Family Assistance.