Army Community Service (ACS)
Welcome to the Employment Readiness, a service offered to you by Army Community Service (ACS) at Fort Sill, Oklahoma! It is our pleasure to offer you an excellent program that provides you with the latest information on employment, education, training, transition, and volunteer opportunities.
Military transitions are always a challenge. To help you thrive with success through these changes, the Employment Readiness program gives you the tools and resources to be competitive while you are stationed at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
Prior to relocating, prepare and hand carry:
- Your credentials and ensure that you have up-to-date records of employers’ address, title, etc.
- Certifications (if you have a professional certification, call ahead to find out that the procedure is for transferring your certification to the new location.
- Update your resume.
- Contact Past Employers for Recommendations and the name, addresses, and telephone number of three references.
- Professional Certifications.
- Special awards or honors.
- Letters of recommendations/appreciation from current employer.
- Volunteer career portfolio.
- Call the Employment Readiness at the new duty station.
- Make contacts at the new duty station.
- If a family member is looking for employment but does not have a Social Security Number, obtain one before you leave your present location. For information, call the Social Security Administration which is usually listed in the white pages in the telephone directory under” Social Security” Budget for unemployment.
- A list of income and monthly expenses (home mortgage or rent, life insurance payments, food, transportation, etc) should be developed for the first six months after you move. Do not forget to include the additional expenses related to the relocations.
- If you are a current Civil Service employee, consult your servicing CPAC office with questions about Military Spouse Preference opportunities, forms that should be hand-carried, and the possibility of taking an extended leave without pay.
- If employment will require background security investigation, maintain a current listing of previous residences and dates to facilitate completion of any requirements.
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a mandatory enrollment program that works with other military and civilian agencies to provide comprehensive and coordinated community support, housing, educational, medical, and personnel services to Families with special needs.
Family Advocacy Program
The Family Advocacy Program (FAP) helps Soldiers and Families recognize and meet the unique challenges of military life. Our services include seminars, workshops, counseling, and intervention to help strengthen Army Families, enhance resiliency and relationship skills and improve quality of life.
Financial Readiness and AER Program
Call ACS at +1 (580)442-4916 for a telephonic appointment.
The Fort Sill Financial Readiness Program Offers financial education, budget counseling, and support services to assist Soldiers and their families.
Announcement: Fort Sill Army Emergency Relief has new scheduling system for clients AER Clients with emergency requests will be assisted on a walk in basis. AER Clients with non-emergency requests will we seen by appointment. All Soldiers E4 and below are required to be escorted by Supervisor.
Mobilization & Deployment/FRG Training
Fort Sill Army Community Service (ACS) believes that Soldier Readiness plus Family Readiness equals Unit/Mission Readiness.
ACS provides information and tools in support of unit FRGs, unit Deployments & Redeployments and Emergency Family Assistance.
- Visit ACS in Building 4700 to get information about resources/materials and agencies that can assist you with your FRG endeavors.
- Sign up for our FRG distro list by email for information about upcoming Soldier and Family/Community events in order to ensure Soldiers and Families are aware of the available resources, activities, and opportunities in the surrounding area.
- Click on the “FRG Getting Started” information sheet and other helpful links on this page. You will find helpful forms and tools to assist you and your unit in getting your unit FRG off the ground and running smoothly (including deployment support).
Wednesday - Appointment Only
Bins available 24/7, including all holidays.
Relocation Guide to Fort Sill
Visitor Control Center (VCC)
Fort Sill access just got easier!